File and Save Tab
- Moved the site to a brand new host!
- Updated the site to properly use encrypted https connections for everything.
- Changed libraries used for zipping, increasing save speed by over 200x in some cases.
- Added new methods that will sample the block texture to get an accurate color value.
- Added new tab bar across the top section allowing easy switching and closing of files.
- Added new shape image preview when hovering over any open file tab.
- Added feature to return the player to the last state they were in when changing shapes.
- Added improvements to block placing for stairs and other location sensitive blocks.
- Fixed the issue where lower level mipmap levels were being used.
- Fixed a bug where textures weren't properly loading all the time.
- Fixed a worker bug that was preventing requests from getting evenly distributed.
- Fixed some bugs and made some general improvements to the ambient occlusion rendering.
- Improved workers which allowed nearly double the speed of building chunk geometry.
- Added new flood brush tool that allows you to change large areas of the same material.
- Added new vine brush tool that can cover an area with natural looking hanging vines.
- Fixed problems with the overlay brush tool changing air blocks.
- New Medium tree added to tree brush list, fixed and improved other trees.
- Changed hit detection so you can now place blocks off the ground plane.
- Added new file and asset window, with new options for downloading and saving.
- Included new template scripts and examples on how to use them.
- New ability to preview some brushes and tools before placing them.
- Added new selection copy ability and paste brush tool.
- More improvements to tools, including linked settings and easier tool icon usage.
- Fixed keybinding not working for the 0 number character.
- Fixed tool brush heading not properly displaying sometimes.
- Fixed file list from incorrectly displaying default blank file.
- Increased accuracy for player hit detection and movement.
- New scripting feature for the brush, selection, and generator tools.
- Added ability to interact with some blocks, lever, door, etc.
- Improved GUI layout including brand new color theme options.
- Lots of block models added for missing blocks.
- New option to show ground plane with color setting.
- Added full read and write NBT support for schematic files.
- Improved blockpicker and action bar with easier block and tool picking.
- Lots of fixes to window movement and resizing, new snapping ability added.
- New file browser lets you browse and open publicly saved schematics.
- Support for locally saved settings and custom user scripts.
- Lots of new improvements and fixes to world rendering.
- Everything else not mentioned above...
Questions or comments?
You can contact me on twitter @inHaze or use the form below.
Your message has been sent, thank you for the feedback!
Cubical is the most advanced online editor, creator and viewer for Minecraft compatible projects and builds. What makes cubical special compared to other editors is that it was designed to be very similar to an ingame experience. This means that most of the movement controls and other features like turning gravity on and off (flying), using proper block hit detection for movement, even interacting with some blocks, like doors work very similar to what you are already used to.
Cubical is the most advanced online editor, creator and viewer for Minecraft, and other voxel compatible projects and builds. What makes cubical special is that it was designed to be very similar to an ingame experience. This means that you can actually do a lot of the common things you would normally, like turning gravity on and off (flying), using proper block hit detection for movement, even interacting with some blocks, like doors. Here are a few of the things that are possible with cubical. Build and save new creations using standard blocks and powerful tools. Open and edit projects or old builds you've created, or downloaded. Share your projects to others so they may explore, edit and share. All of this directly from your browser, no external downloads needed!
Mouse Left Break Block/Rotate View Middle Lock Cursor Right Place Block/Interact Wheel Cycle Hotbar Keybinds W Move Forward S Move Backwards A Strafe Left D Strafe Right Z Move Down Space Move Up/Jump Shift Sprint Keys 0 - 9 Change to numbered action bar item
-You can use the mouse scroll on almost all number input boxes for tools to increase or decrease the given values. -Windows will snap when moved or resized near the edge of another window or panel, this can be disabled by holding the Alt key. -Windows can be minimized by double clicking the top title bar. -The main window view can be toggled to maximize and revert by double clicking on the top toolbar. -You can open the block picker window three ways, by pressing the 'b' key, by double clicking the action bar, or by clicking a material input in any tool panel. -Blocks and tools can be dragged around the action bar to swtich positions, or dropped into the main view area to remove them completely. -Clicking the filename on the bottom left part of the status bar will allow you to rename or resize the currently open file.
The selection tools allows you to modify, create or edit a specific cuboid area. Once a selection tool is active the user may use the left click button to toggle the corners positions of the desired area. Once selected you can run the tool over the current area by clicking the 'Run' button.
Brush tools allow you to edit the current world with differing brush interactions. In order to use them you must select a brush tool in the menu, then set the parameters to what you like, then double click or drag the tool icon to the action bar, where it can be used with left and right click interactions within the world.
The main difference between the generator tools and the others is that the generator tool always creates a new file when it runs. Some tools have a size setting to use, while others are set based on other parametesrs of the tool.
- The Basics
- Text Generator
- Perlin Generator